10 Ways YOU Can Help Israel!
1. Donate to the Israel Emergency Fund
Jewish Federations around the country have initiated an Israel Emergency Campaign. Donate to your local Federation by sending a check to:
Israel Emergency Campaign
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington
6101 Montrose Road
Rockville, MD 20852-4816
or calling 301-230-7200 or visiting www.jewishfedwash.org
2. Write to the White House and thank the
President and Vice President for standing with Israel!
1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20500
e-mail : email@example.com
3. Attend local and national rallies in support of Israel
4. Buy Blue and White!! Israel's economy has been suffering due to the crisis in the Middle East. Support Israel buy purchasing Israeli-made products, such as Ahava beauty products and Judaica from Israel (hint...ask salespeople in Judaica shops which of their products were made in Israel).
5. Write to newstations, newspapers and magazines that you feel misrepresented about the situation in the Middle East
It's frustrating to hear, see, and read false information regarding Israel on a daily basis. You can do something about it! Write to editors of newspapers, magazines, and television news programs and tell them that you don't agree with the way they are reporting about the Middle East. They'll listen!!
6. Speak up when you hear people unfairly attacking Israel.
7. Call and e-mail your friends and family in Israel. They need to know you're thinking of them now!
8. Visit Israel! Even thinking about visiting Israel and starting to save up money for a future trip will help to eventually get you onto an El Al plane and over to the beautiful beaches and exotic deserts of Eretz Israel.
9. Talk to your friends and neighbors about Israel. Many Americans remain uninformed about the history and current situation of Israel. Talk to them, share your thoughts, ideas, and experiences, and they'll start to see the beauty of Israel too.
10. Stay informed! One of the most important things you can do for Israel is simply to stay informed. Watch the news, read Israeli newspapers online (try www.jpost.com or www.haaretzdaily.com), and most importantly, draw your OWN conclusions and think for yourself!